Sunday, June 17, 2007

Why California?

I've been away from California now for more than 4 years. I miss it a lot. Why? Many people ask. Many people are leaving or wanting to leave California these days. Some are leaving because of the unaffordable real estate. Others are leaving because of the crowds, illegal immigration, smog and other such factors.

Then, why do I want to go back there? I live in a very safe, affordable, very nice, suburban area in the North-East with nice schools and a good location.

Well, for one, it's the people and culture of California. I've travelled a lot around the country and even abroad, and it seems that California has some of the most progressive open-minded people out there....

I'm also drawn to it's natural beauty.... something happens to me when I look at the Pacific ocean while driving on the PCH or driving through the canyons off Malibu. I love the San Francisco bay and the drive on Highway 1 down to Monterey. There's something about the natural beauty there that can't be described in words.... can be experienced only in person.... albeit by only a few who really would understand what I am writing about....

There are other reasons too.... that I may write about in coming blogs some day....

No comments: